"NO ONE DOES MORE FOR VETERANS"
Antioch VFW SEQUOIT POST 4551
75 North Avenue
Antioch, IL 60002
WE HAVE SLOTS!!
Bar open to public
4:00 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday
1 - 8 p.m. Sunday and 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday
BEST DRINK PRICES IN TOWN!!
FISH FRY THIS FRIDAY!!
5:30 - 8:00
SATURDAY MARCH 15TH
bags fly at NOON!!
$20.00 PER PERSON REGISTRATION - BLIND DRAW
KITCHEN & BAR ARE OPEN!!
$1.00 domestic pint drafts EVERY DAY!
BINGO!! EVERY TUESDAY EVENING!!
ARTS & CRAFT FAIR COMING APRIL 5TH & 6TH
CLICK HERE FOR EVENT INFO AND APPLICATION
RENT OUR HALL FOR YOUR SPECIAL EVENTS!!
Click Here for THE POST Calendar AND to Find Out What's Happening at The Post
Antioch Sequoit Post 4551 Veteran Priorities
· LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION: The adoption nationwide of licensing and certification standards so military service members transitioning into the civilian working world may immediately take qualifying examinations and not be required to undergo lengthy and expensive retraining when their military occupations parallel a civilian job requiring a license or certificate.
· VETERANS’ PREFERENCE: Veterans have earned the right for priority hiring for federal government positions and adamantly oppose any attempt to reduce or circumvent this earned benefit and urge any violations of Veterans’ Preference be prosecuted to the full extend of the law. We also encourage state and local government agencies to adopt veterans’ preference policies.
· WORKFORCE INVESTMENT ACT: Governors should appoint at least one veterans’ advocate to the State Workforce Development Board to ensure veterans are represented and their issues are addressed. We encourage local boards to also have veteran representation.
· SUPPORT EFFECTIVE VETERANS’ EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING SERVICE: Congress must provide sufficient funding for a viable and effective Veterans Employment and Training Service to ensure veterans receive priority of service in seeking and maintaining employment and re-employment opportunities. Also, the Department of Labor needs sufficient funding to ensure the current statutes protecting the employment and re-employment rights of members of the Guard and Reserve who return from active duty are enforced..
· HOMELESS VETERANS: Congress must fully fund all federal Homeless Veterans’ Programs and enhance community-based efforts in assisting homeless veterans to once again become productive members of society.
We Fight for Veterans Rights
We are Advocates for Veterans
Welcome Home Comrades You've Come To The Right Place